Paul Joseph Watson
November 7, 2012
On a day when the Dow Jones Industrial Average has plummeted by over 200 points, gun stocks have bucked the trend and are surging as fears over an Obama lame duck second term eviscerating second amendment rights take hold.
Both Smith & Wesson and Ruger saw their stock price shoot up this morning when virtually everyone else was in the red.
At one point Smith & Wesson surged over 10% before dropping back to 7.4% gains at time of press.
Ruger also made impressive gains and was up by almost 3% at time of writing. Both stocks went parabolic at the start of trading.
The activity is undoubtedly related to the likelihood that gun sales are set to explode even higher as a result of Obama securing a second term in the White House last night.
As we reported last week, firearms store owners are labeling Barack Obama the best gun salesman they ever had as concerns over what Obama will do to gun rights in a lame duck administration spur record sales.
Ruger’s sales are up 86 percent since Obama took office and the company’s previous quarter sales demolished all expectations, with sales totaling $118 million dollars.
Smith & Wesson and other gun manufacturers are also being forced to hire more staff and increase production capacity to meet demand.
Last December’s Black Friday sales marked an all-time one-day high for background check requests from gun buyers and observers expect that record to be broken again next month.
During the meeting, the president reportedly told Brady, “I just want you to know that we are working on it (gun control)….We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
As the video below highlights, gun sales were feverish even before the election and that demand is only set to increase in the coming days and weeks.
- Gun Sales Surge In Fear Of Obama Re-Election
- Obama Re-Election Fears Spark Huge Gun Sales
- Gun Shops Cite Obama Re-Election Fears As Sales Surge
- Massive Run On Guns After Obama Annoucement
- Smith & Wesson Reports Surging Gun Purchases On Back of Fears Over Obama Re-Election
- Gun Shops: Obama Re-election, Doomsday “Preppers” Still Driving Rocketing Sales
- Gun sales shoot up amid America’s fear of rising crime and terrorism
- U.S. stocks surge on ‘watershed’ dollar jump
- Fear Of Second Obama Term Spurs Record Gun Sales
- Why the gun industry secretly loves Obama
- Gold Settles Near $1,800 as French Fears Sink Stocks
- Stocks Surge on Action by Central Banks