Silverstein Properties, behind the original World Trade Center sites and 3 WTC and 4 WTC, has invested $2.21 billion into a China free trade zone that would allow the country to build a mecca for financial services — rivaling that of Hong Kong, he said.
The developer scored the winning bid for an undeveloped site in the Qianhai Economic Zone, located in the city of Shenzhen in southern China, Forbes reported. The acquisition of the more than 550,000-square-foot lot is the largest land sale – and the priciest — in Shenzhen to date.
The site is zoned for a mixed-use property and 5.1 million buildable square feet. Silverstein was the first non-Chinese investor in the so-called free trade zone, which the country approved in September.
Other developers have invested in China recently, as well. Tishman Speyer is investing in a large mixed-use project in Shanghai known as the Springs and nabbed Nike as its anchor office tenant, as reported earlier this month.
Larry Silverstein said in June he is also looking at opportunities in Beijing and Shanghai, where he hopes to build communities similar to the World Trade Center neighborhood.
ABOLISH THE ACT OF 1871
- The District of Columbia ACT of 1871 Copy this below and share it with EVERYONE you know! 9,597 views
- NEW STORY 4/14/2014 Animals Leaving Yellowstone? 4.7M & 4.9M (5.0M) Earthquake strikes the Western Yellowstone posted on April 6, 2014
- 3/30/2014 Yellowstone Magma Chamber Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know? 41,022 views
- UPDATE 4/3/14 Yellowstone Magma Chamber Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know? 11,231 views
The Bundy Ranch Affair read more:
- The Bundy Ranch Affair Is the Tip of the Iceberg To What’s Coming Hell Has No Fury posted on April 14, 2014
- Update Ruby Ridge Reloade… 9,041 views
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bun… 7,563 views
- Cliven Bundy to Meet with Clark Co. Sheriff / Breaking Cliven Bundy Cows Are COMING HOME
- JOHN WAYNE’S SPIRIT STILL FIGHTS FOR TRUTH THROUGH HIS DAUGHTER posted on April 17, 2014