A family is upset the death of their long time companion at the hands of officers from the Round Rock, Texas, police department has been ruled justified.
Last Friday, Russell and Hope Lane didn’t close the door to their house properly, triggering their burglar alarm and a police response.
On Wednesday, Round Rock Police concluded the shooting was justified. The Lanes say otherwise, and feel the amount of force used to stop Bullet was overkill.
“They’re not going to tell me that the officer fired seven shots at a dog because he had to,” Russell Lane told Fox 7. “They aren’t going to tell me he had to fire seven shots because you can hit a full grown man one time with a 40 caliber weapon, which that was what he was firing, and take him down.”
The Lanes are now prepared to take their fight to federal court, alleging violations of their Fourth Amendment.
“We are prepared to go to federal court 4th amendment violation. First they shouldn’t have ever entered the house with that sign in the window,” Russell told Fox 7.
Round Rock police also issued a statement declaring that prior to the “unfortunate event,” they were already looking at “additional training, purchasing equipment and reviewing current policies in dealing with aggressive animals. We have reviewed and selected a nationally recognized training program in dealing with aggressive animals. The training is currently taking place for all commissioned police officers.”
Two years ago, police in Austin, Round Rock’s neighbor to the south, also found it necessary to implement an additional training program so officers could better determine when it was appropriate to shoot animals. Austin police have shot about three dogs since that new training went into effect.
- NEW STORY 4/14/2014 Animals Leaving Yellowstone? 4.7M & 4.9M (5.0M) Earthquake strikes the Western Yellowstone
- 3/30/2014 Yellowstone Magma Chamber Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know?
- UPDATE 4/3/14 Yellowstone Magma Chamber Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know?
ABOLISH THE ACT OF 1871
The Bundy Ranch Affair read more:
- The Bundy Ranch Affair Is the Tip of the Iceberg To What’s Coming Hell Has No Fury posted on April 14, 2014
- Update Ruby Ridge Reloade… 5,041 views
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bun… 1,563 views
- Cliven Bundy to Meet with Clark Co. Sheriff / Breaking Cliven Bundy Cows Are COMING HOME
- They are keeping everyone distracted while disaster is about to strike.. Russia just said they are at full readiness for war—Against who?
- THE NON VIOLENT REVOLUTION BEGINS JULY 5th REALLY
- The Cover Up Because Of July 26 2014? Who Am I – The July 26th 2014 Reason?
- NBC Predicts: All Americans Will Receive A Microchip Implant In 2017 Per Obamacare
- Eyewitness 3 TV News Station” in Connecticut has confirmed two passengers
- RUSSIA AND CHINA STRIKES THE FIRST BLOW TO PETRODOLLAR GOODBY TO THE US DOLLAR
- This is a must see! Ukraine. Bercut captures American agent, consultant unres posted on February 21, 2014
- FBI Opens Files Proving Adolf Hitler Went To Argentina posted on March 8, 2014
- Drone Operator Killed 1,626 People – Is Haunted & Disgusted By His ‘Sociopathic’ Actions posted on June 7, 2013
- 9/11 Smoking Gun? WOW REALLY ! ! ! posted on January 18, 2014
- Obama has officially announced plans to trash the Constitution posted on January 16, 2014
- IT IS A DAMN SHAME IT REALLY IS 143 YEARS WWIII posted on March 5, 2014
- WW3 Alert: 7 Ukraine Bases Under Siege In Crimea STOCK UP ON SUPPLIES NOW BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE! posted on March 3, 2014
- IS WW3 HERE ? WOW PEOPLE ARE YOU A WAKE NOW ? posted on March 1, 2014
- DO HIGH-VOLTAGE ELECTRIC POWER TRANSMISSION LINES CAUSE CANCER posted on June 20, 2013
- The kenyan Mall Hoax posted on September 23, 2013
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)