An elderly man was shot overnight during a carjacking at a Hillsdale gas station, and police say the two suspects are still on the loose.


Authorities say a man and a woman came to the Conoco gas station in the 1800 block of Lucas and Hunt early Wednesday morning to fill up a maroon Ford F-150 truck. The woman, the driver of the truck, got out of the vehicle and went inside the store.


Minutes later, at one of the gas pumps, a small silver car pulled up near the truck. A black man dressed in a red hooded sweatshirt approached the truck, had some sort of exchange with the elderly man still with the truck.

In Dallas, Texas, three members of a group called ‘Come and Take It’ marched alongside demonstrators, saying they were prepared to step in and protect private property if things turned ugly.

The manager of the gas station says he then heard gunshots. He said this is typically a safe area, and officers are usually around patrolling the neighborhood. He says this is the first time an incident like this has taken place.

The victim was shot in his chest. He was conscious when he was taken to an area hospital. His condition has not been released.

Elderly man shot during carjacking by TATS-2-MIN-NEWS

FERGUSON, Mo. (KSDK) — Demonstrators gathered outside Ferguson City Hall and marched the streets of town Tuesday during a second night of protests over the grand jury decision not to charge police officer Darren Wilson in the death of Michael Brown.

At one point, protesters set a police car on fire after smashing its window and tipping it on its side. Demonstrators also broke the glass at Ferguson City Hall and threw bricks and rocks at police, according to the Missouri Department of Public Safety.

A tactical unit deployed tear gas to disperse the crowd in response to the vandalism, St. Louis County police said. Around 11:30 p.m., police ordered the crowds to disperse, saying protesters could be subject to arrest for “unlawful assembly.”

This man says more in 6 mins than I have ever heard–and it is all good.

This man is a brother, no matter the color.

Protesters returned to the area near City Hall by midnight, gathering beneath an illuminated “Season’s Greetings” sign.

The protesters began earlier in the evening on S. Florissant in front of the Ferguson Police Department and then turned onto Church, where they vandalized the police car. St. Louis County police said the car is destroyed.

Two people who police say were involved in the police car vandalism were taken into custody after a foot pursuit in the area of Riverview and Broadway, according to St. Louis Metropolitan police.

NIGHT 1: Violence erupts in Ferguson: Fire, looting, arrests

Chopper video at 9:30 p.m. appeared to show smoke deployed outside the police department. By 9:50 p.m., the protesters were on the move.

At 10:20 p.m., St. Louis Metropolitan police received reports of 30 to 40 protesters blocking South Grand at Shenandoah. By 10:45 p.m., police received reports of 20 protesters at Grand and Arsenal. At 11:20 p.m., protesters marched in the area of Arsenal and Grand.

People protested along Lindell Blvd. in Central West End. Protesters began near Kingshighway and made their way to Whittier, according to the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department.

St. Louis Metropolitan police reported 40 to 50 people in the area of Klemm and Shaw. By 9:50 p.m., the protesters left the area, police said.

In the City of East St. Louis, a curfew is in effect from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. for those who are age 17 and younger.

The Uniform Command warned earlier that a repeat of Monday night’s violence would not be tolerated, and more than 2,200 National Guardsmen were deployed to keep the peace